We have all heard the phrase, “dress for success!” And it is the mantra that we all follow to make sure we are appropriately attired wherever we go. That is the reason our wardrobes are suitably divided and organised according to the seasons and themes, and we keep updating the same from time to time too. There is a section for wedding attires, some for office, few for casual and some as our sportswear. But we always get this question as to why dressing according to these situations is essential? For sports, especially, why can’t you just carry on your athletic activity in your comfy clothing?
You would have often thought of dipping in the pool in your regular shorts rather than putting on your swimwear. But you still hesitate. Why? Because we are expected to dress according to the sport that we plan to indulge in. And this is very important too. It has all the practical and logical reasons behind It that can’t be ignored at any cost.
Practical reasons why dressing appropriately for all the sports is necessary!
For all your doubts about ignoring the need for the right clothing for your athletic activities and sports, you’re going to find out why choosing suitable athletic apparel enhances your performance in any sports and other exercises. Given below are the prominent 5 reasons as to why you should invest in good quality sports clothing like Deus Ex Machina in UK from The Board Barn who also offers various other sports supplies too which are essential in your better sports performance.
- Perfect sportswear boosts confidence— The type of clothing you wear makes a huge difference. Putting on the gear sets the mood, which helps to boost confidence and makes you perform better. There have been studies proving the positive impact of wearing the right clothes to your workplace known as ‘enclothed cognition,’ this mantra extends to sports and fitness also. This boost in spirit increases your confidence (if you know you are looking great, you feel great too) – chances are that you will act likewise too. If you like what you wear for sports, there is a vast chance you will love the sport more. And the confidence obviously leads you performing better.
- A proper Sportswear Improves Performance — There are certain dress patterns that are banned by official sports community, because it impacts the sports person’s performance while performing the task. For example, swimmers aren’t allowed cotton suits while swimming, as it would make them feel uncomfortable during swimming, and this can affect their performance largely. Similarly, a football person would perform well with the football jersey, and so on. These attires are properly and wisely designed to ensure that the person practising the sport feels their best while performing, and hence their performance improves largely.
- The Sports Gear Adds Protection & Prevents Injuries —if you use improperly fitted sports gear, it can be a major cause of injuries. It can also interfere with your workout routine, and you may feel disturbed by its sudden pulling down or tightening. For example, a pair of running shoes, if is not of the proper fit, or isn’t a running shoe at all, it will certainly hamper your speed in short intervals, and impact your performance largely. Similarly, if you aren’t wearing flippers when diving under the water, it will create a lot of issues when you go inside the ocean.
- Properly-Fitted Athletic Clothing enhances Freedom of Movement— Focussing on movements is essential to carry out any sports properly. If your sports wear isn’t fitted perfectly, you won’t get the freedom of movement and this would hamper your actions while performing the sport. A loose or tight fitted clothing distracts you while you are on the go. For example, your sportswear making you feel uncomfortable while surfing can make you lose your balance, and hence slackens your fun and performance.
- Adequate sports attire represents you as a true sportsperson —We can easily distinguish sportspersons by the sportswear they are clad in. You can make out if a person is cricketer or footballer by the way they dress. Thus, sportswear is like a uniform for you, and is also a representative for your sports passion. It makes you a part of that particular sports community, and that is why it plays a very important role in your sports experience.
You need not spend a fortune on your sportswear. Just get the right ones fitted well and concentrate on your game. You can actually create a huge difference in your sports by choosing the right gear!