Fashion is always biased! It’s a trend of movie stars! It may not always be the same around the world. It’s bold. It is often a wallet draining wearable art! These are some things which even you would have heard! But we hope you aren’t agreeing on all these, as these are some of the misconceptions about fashion whispered around the globe!
Let us congratulate you if you said you don’t believe in any of them. Yes, myths and misconceptions are better to be omitted, if not clarified and confirmed by everyone. But not everyone understands the value of practicality! And myths do get rolled out from hundreds to thousands, and from generations to generations!
Common fashion myths busted!
Fashion isn’t restricted to any specific place and hence even the misconceptions associated with it never stay at a place. There are different people from distinct regions thinking all they can about fashion. But it was OK if it stopped here. The misconceptions actually hold back lots of fashionistas to try new trends, and hence they stay behind in experiencing the amazing revolution. That’s why we have compiled below some of the most famous fashion misconceptions floating around the globe that can largely impact your fashion sense and preferences too.
- If it’s branded — it’s expensive — The most common misconception that almost everyone believes in, and that’s why they hesitate trying the good brands. You prefer opting for non-branded, low quality garments because you assume good brands come costlier. While the truth can’t be more wrong. Great brands offer value for money. Like, Deus Ex Machina Clothing in UK, The Board Barn is one such stop to get hold of some of the most favourable fashion brands at reasonable pricing in spectacular designs and attractive patterns. They are also your one stop destination for all that you need for water-sports – from gears to accessories to equipment – both new and previously loved.
- If it involves more fabric, it’s going to be uncomfortable — No doubt people purchase a garment with multiple fabrics in it, but preserve it only for weddings and ceremonies. While any attire that is stitched with care and intelligence, even though it has lots of fabric included in the design, can be wearable for casual occasions too.
- If it says dry clean does not mean you can’t wash at home ever — Yes certain guidance is given when you pick the clothes. This is according to the materials used in making them. But it doesn’t mean that you’ll have to follow them all regularly. Do you know most people avoid ‘dry clean’ tagged clothings because of the expense for the same later? Well, ordinarily, it isn’t mandatory after the initial few washes, and you can then go for normal washing at home too.
- Men’s fashion is boring — Says who? Did you actually believe in this misconception after watching men slaying on the ramp in colourful shirts, printed tees and alluring jackets (not to mention the elaborate region-specific ethnic wear collections)?
- Fashion is just for outings and parties — You couldn’t be more wrong if you believed in it! You can wear dress smart from gym to swim – anywhere you like. Think about the swanky wetsuits of Baywatch fame or those alluring suits available for surfing, running, dancing – any other activity you can think of!
- Fashion trends are for thin people —It’s sad, but largely believed! Lots of plus size people couldn’t break the ice and try new trends just because of this myth. While in reality, no matter what body size you are, if you love a style, you can wear it and flaunt it!
Never hesitate to experiment with new styles and embrace them. This season, let’s break the fashion misconceptions and try being fashionistas!