Organising a party can be an exhausting and stressful job! There’s always a lot to do! And several little details to take care of. Hosting a party makes you feel happy, you look forward to fun times with dear ones. but it is totally exhausting too. Once the fun is over, the realisation of after party duties of a host happens. It is at this time that you look back at your place all cluttered and full of after party wastes, and you start to get dizzy with exhaustion. You tend to organise the party and put up all the decorations in the excitement of the party. Even the hosting seems easy with the buzz around. But clean up after the party looks like a dreadful task that would take an eternity to get finished.
But getting your home back to normal is important too. Even though you try to complete the same at a lightning speed, you mostly aren’t able to do the same rapidly because of excess clutter and tiredness. This needs a step by step cleaning guide leading to completion of the whole property’s cleaning. With just a proper planning and some determination, your after-party mess can be cleared out faster.
Steps to get your home spic and span faster after a party!
After party cleaning isn’t at all easy. But it can be made simpler and faster if you follow the below guidelines and declutter the whole place accordingly:
- Collect the trash —Trash and waste are the most confusing and crowding things in a house that’s just finished with a party. You just couldn’t get started with cleaning up the place until you get rid of all of these. So, first things first! Get rid of the trash in the first instance. Take a big disposable bag and collect all the big wastes and start throwing all of these in the bag. Go room by room and gather them and later dispose of them. The main culprit to be clean is now at your disposal.
- Clean the carpets and soft furnishings — When the large waste is done with, comes the ones which require a lot of effort to clean – like floors and carpets. The situation is tricky since some of the dirt on carpets can’t even be seen with naked eyes. So, the best option is to get your carpets and upholstery cleaned by professional carpet cleaners in Leeds. Citie Cleaning Services have got a great experience and fame in cleaning up the carpets and upholstery to perfection leaving behind no marks of dirt and dust. These professionals would be of a great help for you to get rid of those minute dust particles and food residues that may settle behind your carpets, under your rugs or even in your upholstery. A proper cleaning of it means another huge chunk of post party home cleaning done right.
- Dip the dishes — We all know the overflowing dishes over the sink after a party. You may not be left even with a single clean spoon after the party is over. Cleaning this whole mess can take hours. It’s always better to dip all these dishes in soap water for about an hour, and then put them in the machine for washing or do it manually. This will reduce your time and effort, and even clean the dishes better. You can lay these near the window to dry up in order to avoid the task of wiping each of them separately.
- Clean the air — Although this is the very first thing to do after a party, but a proper air cleaning apart from just opening the windows for ventilation needs time. You can just open up all the windows and doors as soon as the party is over. Then put on your air purifiers, exhaust fans, fans etc. Change your sheets, cushion covers, tablecloths etc. too, for they trap smoke, smell and dust mites. Once your air purifier does the work and the place seems less suffocated, you can spray your favourite room freshener and enjoy a favourable atmosphere at home that is free of tobacco or alcohol smell.
- Rearrangement of furnishings and materials — A party needs ample amount of space. To achieve this, obviously you would have twisted and turned the whole living room and your outer deck to create a good amount of free place in the centre. Now comes the time to bring it all back again. When the house is free from clutter and dust, you can bring everything back to normal and arrange them as they were before.
Now, isn’t it an easy task! After party cleaning isn’t that tiresome after all. You just need to follow the above step by step guide and your post party problems wouldn’t seem to exist at all!