Do you know what’s so amazing about those viral and famous Instagram and Pinterest pictures? Apart from the perfect photography, it’s the breathtaking backdrop. Yes, an image can steal your attention fully because of a very good background. While an untidy and ugly background steals the beauty of your subject (the product, person or place you are photographing) and makes the image look weird. A fabulous backdrop always acts like a magnet for viewers. And what’s more, even your subject looks enticing with the right background.
Tips to Make the Subject Look Marvellous With a Fantastic Background in a Photograph!
Are you really fed up of clicking multiple images of the same subject and fail to understand why the images are looking strange? Your subject is perfect and so are your photography skills. But still, the subject seems bad in the image rather than attractive. Well, the sole reason for it can be an improper background! If your backdrop of the image is untidy and dull, don’t assume that your image will create an enticing picture for the viewers. That is why you should follow the below listed tips to ensure your backdrop is a total hit and your image is superb!
- Just Clear the Clutter — Sometimes there isn’t anything wrong in the background apart from the clutter sneaking from behind! Like, imagine clicking a photograph of a vase on a table. But the electrical socket, wires, books and even the mould comes in this picture! Imagine the impression you are making with such an image. While a clear image with a clean backdrop is always attractive.
- Select Plain Walls — No matter what the colour is, a plain backdrop always does the magic for better pictures. Especially if your subject has some designs or carving on it, these patterns seem clearer and more attractive with a plain backdrop.
- Get Some Good Patterned Backgrounds — If you run out of good backdrops or relevant ideas for the same, you can always get good photography backgrounds in UK from WooodRow Studios. They have them in wooden, plain or any pattern that you desire and would suit your subject perfectly fine. These are enough to create a charming backdrop with your product/ subject and make the final picture all the more adorable.
- Pick Up a Good Contrast —Contrasting appropriately with your product’s colour can look super cool in your pictures. Like if you have the main product in red colour, go for contrasting it with black or golden to create a fascinating picture.
- Never Make It Too Much — Picking more than two or three colours for your background or choosing a rush of patterns can overdo things. Your subject will mostly get sidelined in such a backdrop. And you have to emphasise on the product/subject more, right? So, never overdo the backdrop in your photographs.
These tips ensure that your image comes out to be super perfect and totally worthy of your product or subject. Now, of course, the rest of the magic depends on your lights, camera and photographer’s skills!